Sunday, 30 December 2007

Merry Christmas

I guess I start with the question, “what did you receive?” Somehow it is also laughable the things that I receive from my parents. I do not mean to be ungrateful, but if you look up my site biography, you will wonder where a spray tan machine fits with my own particular brand of beauty. Never-the-less, without going over board, I have enjoyed the fact I have been more of a giver this year than a receiver when thinking of gifts. I also spared the time to wrap my gifts; normally I cheat and put them in decorative bags or pay someone else to do it for me.

I have also received one or two special gifts, one as a result of a comment said in jest and at my forgetful nature to wrap up warm, thanks to a special mascot.

But, I have to say, I received the kind of news which only over-shadows any physical gift this year, and at a particularly festive time was very welcome and surprising at the same time. If I have met you then maybe I can share this, but until then, I am just being a tease.

Perhaps for some of you out there, Christmas was a very uneventful day, as I noticed 150 people checked out my website. Maybe you were all snug, but thinking about future plans for after the mound of turkey, and for when the in-laws have been packed away, back to their own homes.

I also received one or two festive text messages which I appreciated, but oddly a phone call as well on that day, which was certainly perplexing and not appreciated. Especially when you quickly figure out that the person in question wants to waste time on such a day. Hopefully, you had a lovely time with better things to do, but you will just have to wait for New Year’s fun, rather than the festive variety from me. Happy New Year and a warm welcome to 2008.

No comments: